Doug Taatjes, CCIM, SIOR
Background & Experience
Doug Taatjes, Partner and Associate Broker at NAI Wisinski of West Michigan, has thirty-plus years of West Michigan commercial real estate service and is active in the Industrial, Office, and Retail specialty groups. He has given strong leadership and direction to the overall philosophy, programs, and processes by which NAI Wisinski of West Michigan operate. He has founded two companies and served as President and Chairman of both. In May of 2006, Taatjes & Tol joined forces with Grand Real Estate to form NAI West Michigan. Again in 2011, Doug facilitated another merger between NAI West Michigan and The Wisinski Group to create NAI Wisinski of West Michigan.
Doug believes integrity and personal credibility are the corner stones of a successful and meaningful career. These are not just words put on a marketing piece because it is “the thing” to do this year. They are words that are earned by keeping your word, putting your client’s interests before yours and seeking what’s best for them time and time again. This is what sets apart a great real estate advisor. Doug attempts to provide unique commercial real estate solutions and always provides straightforward “answers”. Challenging yet rewarding, this continues to make each day at work satisfying.
Prior to beginning his Commercial/Industrial Real Estate career in 1979, Doug spent 9 years coaching high school and college basketball, giving him an exceptional leadership and team building foundation. In addition to advising clients in real estate, Doug serves on the Advisory Board for Grotenhuis Company, Board of Directors for Living Waters Prison Ministry, Board of Directors for Eastown Ministries, and he attends Crossroads Bible Church.
Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI Bachelor of Science Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI Masters Degree
Professional Associations & Designations
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Grand Rapids Commercial Alliance of Realtors (CAR) - Past President (2004)
- Michigan Commercial Alliance of Realtors (MiCAR) - Former Board Member
- Grand Rapids Association of Realtors (GRAR) - Former Board Member - Former Professional Standards Committee Member - Former Commercial/Industrial Committee Chairman
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Michigan Association of Realtors (MAR)
- Spectrum Health Medical Group
- Lake Michigan Credit Union
- Goodwill Industries
- Kentwood Office Furniture
- Choice One Bank
- MVP Spotsplex
- Grand Management
- Sunshine Christian Reformed
- Sherwin Williams Co.
- Jersey Mike's Subs
- Champion Force Athletics
- Med Bio Inc.
- Action Packaging
- Ferris Coffee & Nut Co.
- Javery Pain Institute
- Biggby Coffee
- Express Personnel
- JJWMI Inc dba Jimmy Johns
- Mel Trotter Ministries
- Bethany Christian Services
- Kesslers Diamond Center
- Tommy's Boats
- J-Star Motion Corporation