Background & Experience
Craig Black brings over 35 years of experience in real estate, including brokerage, development, syndication, property management and loan workouts. He successfully converted a 180 unit apartment community into condominiums. He has owned and operated a NASD Broker Dealer and a property management company. Craig has been the managing partner for several real estate limited partnerships and he understands the intricacies of owning and operating a multifamily asset. His responsibilities primarily involve working with Sellers and Buyers to consummate a transaction. He interacts with both parties and their representatives through all aspects of a sale up to and through the closing. His hands on experience is a valuable asset to the Multifamily Team and its clients.
- Past Securities Principal; raised equity for real estate limited partnerships
- Developer - Multifamily and single family properties
- Property Management - Multifamily and Office
- Loan Workouts - acted as third party negotiator to restructure debt instruments for clients.
- Consultant/Asset Manager - determined means of creating greater asset value to clients. Helped in implementation.
BA from Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, MI MA from Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, MI
Professional Associations & Designations
- Specialist in Real Estate Securities (SRS)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC)
- National Apartment Association (NAA)
- Property Management Association of Michigan (PMAM)
- Past Board Member, Past President Property Management Association of West Michigan (PMAWM)
- Michigan Realtors National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Michigan Association of Realtors (MAR)